Monday, October 12, 2015

Thanking and Loving

It's Thanksgiving Day.  All weekend I've been making a mental list of all my blessings.  I've scrolled through my newsfeed a few times today.  I've sent wishes, I've received wishes and I've  liked everyone's pumpkin patch, corn maze and turkey dinner photos.  And then I came upon one of those quote thingys that made me think...

And if I asked you to name all the things that you love, how long would it take to name yourself?

I can honestly say that I hadn't put myself on that list of things I'm thankful for but I will. And I will start this post with a selfie I took on Friday because it was a beautiful fall day, my reduced work hours allowed for my healthy body to take me for a 5km run, I had a refrigerator full of food for my family and here I was performing  my newest mom duty ...waiting for my girls to get home on the school bus.  While I was standing there in the sunshine, all was good in the world.  




There is so much to be thankful for.  When little sister brought home her grade one Thanksgiving book from school, there it was, on the last page...I am thankful for mom. When Callie read it she said, "Hey, what about me and dad?"  I just wonder what the teacher would have thought if she had wrote I am thankful for myself, as that quote thingy suggests?





When I was in the stores on Saturday, I had trouble deciding if it was Thanksgiving, Halloween or Christmas that we were celebrating this weekend.  And then I thought about how great these next few months will be. Being thankful, getting cozy, family time, costumes, decorations, candle light and all that good stuff.    







We really do have everything we need.  Including lots of leaves to rake, jump in and throw up into the air!  And if this big girl has the most amazing family it's because she's a part of it!  
Happy Thanksgiving.  
Count your blessings and love yourself. 
I think we can do both.

No comments: