Friday, July 25, 2014

Back Again

One of the best feelings is sharing something you love with friends.  We were so excited to have our friends come yurting with us.  The planning and anticipation had been brewing in the girls for months and when we all arrived at the yurt, it finally happened.  The kids literally exploded with excitement.  It sounded like this: "Mom, let's go swimming, biking, on a hike, up the tower, to grandma's camper, to the park. Let's build a fire, make s'mores, play in the yurt... C'mon let's go, let's go, let's go! Where's my bathing suit? Where's my bike helmet? Where's the roasting sticks?  I'm thirsty!  I'm hungry!  The bugs are biting me! Mom!! Where's the bug spray...?"





It was like someone let go of the wind up string on six kids all at once.  And in the middle there were two moms unloading camping supplies, making beds and looking in the coolers... for a stiff drink!  






By day two, our wound up kids began to settle and we introduced our friends to one of our most favorite things to do in the summer...an all day beach day.







In between taking care of kid requests, I got to visit with my BFF.  I got to have her in my town in the summer, sharing our life in the north with her family from the prairie. And just like the kids, I wanted to explode with all the things we could do together and talk about.  But it's funny how the time together always seems too short. We're always left wanting more.  And luckily for us, there will be more later in the summer.




But right now the pool feels empty and the house very quiet without our friends.  Everyone is tired and happy and counting days until we meet again.  Especially the moms!

No comments: