Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fastest Post Ever

Warning: tonight's words are going to be quick, not well thought out, and very random.  Time seems to be slipping through my fingers this week. Tonight Jon took Lexi to dance class and Callie and I had the house to ourselves for about an hour.  She sat on the cupboard and talked to me while I cleaned up the supper dishes.  I looked at her and said, "I think this is the first time we've ever been at home, just the two of us".  We thought about it for a minute and neither of us could ever remember us being at home without little sister. Callie had lots of questions tonight, like, "Why did the choir sing the song Roar at the Bullying Awareness Assembly at school"?  So we rocked out to a little Katy Perry in the kitchen and had an informal lesson on idioms and what it means to "bite your tongue" and the importance of standing up and using your voice.



Callie went on to tell me that they were learning about bullying in her class.  And she went into a whole explanation about power and weaknesses and she said that they had practiced what to do if they ever see someone getting bullied.  Then she confides in me, "you know mom, I would do that stand up thing if I had to. But guess what?  Me and my friend looked all over at recess and we couldn't find anyone that it was happening to!"  I had one of those moments where you look at your child and you just love them so much.

And this morning, Callie traded in Treehouse for HGTV.  A girl after my heart.  Kermit likes Leave it to Bryan too.






And just when I think I couldn't possibly love this girl anymore, she pulls out this performance for me.  It was her first time with this song and  I can literally see her brain power working to read the notes. And in her mama's eyes, it was perfect.


Looking forward to getting ready for Jolly Ole St. Nick around here!  How about you?

No comments: