Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Catching Up

Hello there blog world.  It's been awhile since we've hung out together.  Life has been happening and things have been... steady.  I almost used the "B" word.  I really don't like to use the "B" word to describe life.  It's overused and people get caught up in out-busying each other and before you know it you someone will give you the modern day put down by saying, "I don't have time for that!" Those words often chop at peoples passions and they roll off the tongue so easily.  "Oh, you blog.  I don't have time for that!"  "You craft.  Well I don't have time for that!" "You read, write, paint, play with your kids, exercise, volunteer, coach or whatever, someone will be sure to let you know that they are busier than you.  

So I haven't been too busy to write, I've just been living life.  And life has definitely been happening around here.  Let's lay it out for you... in point form.

1. Our family got a new set of wheels!  It's been ten years since our last new vehicle so this is a pretty big deal for us.  We took the girls for a ride to get their approval.  Callie gave it two thumbs up, one for the sunroof and one for the back window that opens.  Lexi couldn't give a thumb rating because her hands were covering her nose clearly telling us she doesn't like the smell of the new truck.  The girls ended the ride by getting their muddy boots all over the back seat.  I decided I would stick with driving the old truck for a while longer.


2.  I had a ladies only trip to the city last weekend to celebrate my good friend who is getting married this summer.  And that could be a whole blog post itself but what happens on the road stays on the road!  Actually, nothing really happened on the road unless you call a bunch of friends laughing at our own meager attempts at learning how to pole dance something that needs to stay on the road.  Mostly what we did was have some great conversations and catch up with each other lives, talk about wedding plans and have our first drinks of the season on the outdoor patio!  Spring showed up while I was in the city.  The warm sun on my face, pints of cold ale, good food, a little shopping and female bonding... the perfect combination for a spring renaissance.  And when I got home, my girls were waiting for me.  It's good to get away.  But it's even better to come home.





3. Our little family has a lot going on this month.  And that means that time will be rolling downhill. Momentum is growing and we plan to jump on and coast our way into summer holidays.  Every once in awhile we will jump off and take a look at how the birds ate all the seeds off the feeder the girls made and comment on how Callie needs a bigger bike and helmet that feels right.  We'll look at Lexi and say, "it's time for another haircut."  We'll make sure the "B" word doesn't get in the way of all the little joys in life.
  




4. Last night we had an uninvited guest show up at our door.  Yes, I know that when you live in the forest animals should be expected but this bear was way too close for my liking.  



Mr. Black Bear pressed his nose up against the glass of the kitchen door.  Callie was panicking, asking if the bear was going to come in the house.  I said, "Oh, no sweetheart, bears don't have thumbs to turn the door handle." I'm not sure how convincing my explanation was but she was a little shook up and needed some extra TLC to get to sleep.  Lexi, on the other hand, probably would have opened the door and let him in so she could pet him.  We had to sternly tell her several times to back away from the window.  Even though he doesn't have any thumbs we thought it best not to encourage papa bear to try to enter our kitchen.  

The bears are on the move.  
Yep, spring is definitely here!

No comments: