Thursday, April 18, 2013

Just Wondering

Before I get down to the business of writing a new blog post I procrastinate by reading all the recent posts from the blogs that I follow.  I follow a hodge podge of blogs.  Some work related, some mom related, some people I know, most I don't.  Some have a few followers, some have twenty thousand.  I read these popular bloggers who share their well written words and intimate experiences with the masses and then I read a post on how to sew a pillow, even though I don't sew, then a post recommending meaningful children's literature  ... ans all the while I'm reading I wonder about these people I don't know for real life.  Each of them just taking the time to post about what they are most passionate about.  I read somewhere if you want to know what your passion is... look at the subject of you photos.   

I'm not passionate about writing.  At this time I have no desire to learn more or figure out how to be better at it.  I like to take photos but I'm not passionate about being a great photographer.  I play with buttons on my camera and take pictures from different angles but I mostly just hit the button and hope for the best.  



I am very passionate about the subjects in my photos.  My family and friends.  I have this internal motivation to document our lives, to find the joy in the everyday, regular moments, to look back at and reflect on the scrapbook of our life and not only see the snapshots of  the special occasions and the award winning moments but to see the whole picture.  Attempting to capture individual personalities and the beauty of the everyday.  And I think I do this to somehow satisfy my endless wonder I have about people.  

I've caught Callie saying, "I wonder ..."  and then she makes her own hypothesis to answer her wonder questions.  Is it possible my wondering is contagious!  

I wonder how she is going to get down from up there...



 I wonder who is always first at the preschool in the morning because their moms have to get to work...


I wonder if she will get her bangs wet during this round of swimming lessons...


I wonder if she will jump....


Graceful?  Maybe not.  But she did it!
The only thing left to wonder is when the snow will melt so we can get on with spring.  I like to wonder and I like to look forward.  Two of my favorite things to do.  What do you wonder about?

No comments: