Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Birthday

The house is filled with the fragrance from my birthday bouquet, cut from the tree in my mom's yard.  I have planted three lilac trees in my own yard over the years but none have surmounted to anything that resembles these blossoms.


And now, in my thirty-seventh year, I have accepted that I do not have a green thumb.  After many years of experimenting with trees and shrubs, annuals and perennials, I am content with marigolds.  We could learn a lot from marigolds...maybe they're not the most beautiful of flowers and definitely do not the most appealing fragrance...but they are the most forgiving.
My birthday had the perfect theme...family.  With some help from grandma and dad, Callie and Lexi pulled off a gormet dinner party.  When I arrived home from work they jumped out and yelled surprise!  And in true party fashion, no detail was missed.



My wine glass was topped with a drink umbrella, the girls excitedly told me who picked which balloon,  a Happy Birthday banner was scotched taped to the wall, the BBQ was producing a delicious meal, and the lilacs filled the house with their aroma.



It was a great day.  Thanks to everyone for their birthday wishes.   It feels good to be loved by so many.

No comments: