Saturday, August 27, 2011

Holiday

There are piles of laundry lying on the floor, bags of Kernals popcorn on the counter, a scattering of price tags ripped off new clothes, and a blow up Dora and Diego bouncing around...all evidence that a family vacation was had.

We spent five days in our province's capital city with no agenda other than having fun.  No work, no meetings, no commitments. Just five days do whatever we wanted within the realm of toting along a two and four year old, of course.

So where do you start when you're marching  to the beat of your own drum... the hotel pool, where else?  And for us small town people, staying at a hotel with a waterslide is a holiday in and of itself.  Callie went bananas for the bunk beds in the hotel room and immediately declared that she was sleeping on the top.  And to turn the excitement up just a little more, our room opened right up to the dinosaur theme pool!


This was a deluxe kid-cation full of firsts for our whole family.  We went to the Tinkertown amusement park for the first time and it was awesome.  Everybody is included...nobody gets left out here, young and old and in between...we all get to ride!  And I know this town is created for the littles but I had a blast.  I am definitely not one for thrill seeking rides so family train rides, lady bug rides, and mini roller coasters are just my speed!



Mom thinks mini roller coasters are awesome...



Dad, he's more of a cool cat...


Little sister loved this car...

Drive it like you own it baby!
We ventured from amusement parks to water parks to children's museums and I watched my girls play and laugh and try new things... jumping with excitement and enthusiasm shouting "what are we going to do next?" And this may have been a child centered vay-cay but honestly, there is no place I would rather have been.  When Callie says, "this is the best day ever, mom" she doesn't realize that this time together with our little family, these are my best days ever, too.





Lexi liked that this cow moooed.  My little lover of all things milk...


Oh, and she also loves to glue...


I love, love, LOVE, when we get to have new experiences, growing together, learning together...making our memories.  And never in my wildest dreams would I have believed someone if they had told me that watching my children go down waterslides, seeing them sit proudly at their first movie in a theatre, or waiting for them to choose just the right treat from the candy train would cause my bucket to runneth over.  All these little things, these little experiences, are shaping my girls, making them who they are and who they will be in this world.



And now with our adventure behind us we need to settle back into home life and the reality of accomplishing the laundry and cleaning up the popcorn that is now spreading across the house like wildfire.

And we need to get ready to celebrate because little sister turned two. 

And now she needs a PARTY!  Gotta go.

Just one more...


Oh, and the optical illusion exhibit rocked...


Ok, that's it.  Really gotta go.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Great photos Carrie.... it does look like a fab vacation! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the roller coaster pic of you! You'd think you were on Space Mountain or something a little bit scary! lol thanks for sharing!