Sunday, February 20, 2011

Untitled

I'm writing this post without any idea where it is going to end up...which road it will take.  I'm not sure where to even start today.  I guess I'll start from the beginning.  Today we awoke to the light of the moon.  The Dora Moon that is...


We have been awaken by this glow many times.  It is Callie's lifeline in the night.  And not only does it light the way from her room to ours, it plays a nerve-grating rendition of Twinkle-Twinkle Little Star.

I love the early morning on a Sunday.  The house is still dark and I don't want to interrupt the stillness, the peacefulness of the morning so I make the coffee and get the girls milk without turning on the lights.  Today is one of those days when we don't have to get up and go. 

It doesn't take long for Callie and Lexi to get their morning fix of milk and Mickey Mouse and the peaceful morning fades into "its time for breakfast and daddy's home so that means...sausage and eggs today!"

Lexi is all about standing on things to get a better view. 

Sunday, the day of rest.  And that is what we did.  We lingered in our jammies until it was time for us to pay a little visit to my brother and his family... for his precious little girl also joined the "4 year old club" and we needed to celebrate.



Lexi is leaning in, feigning interest in what Callie is doing...all the while planning how she is going to swipe the camera.

And now I will rest my head on my pillow and go to sleep elated... because I scratched the bonus section of the lottery ticket and it said "You my friend, get to do it all again tomorrow."  Tomorrow is a holiday Monday.  And that means bonus time.

No comments: