Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Say Hello to February

There is something about the month of February that makes is so much more enticing than January. Although little has actually changed between yesterday and today...February just sounds better. 

With a flip of the calendar we say good-bye to the post holiday blahs of January and greet February with open arms.  A little extra hop in our step, a few extra minutes of daylight...beautiful, cheerful, bright sun shining daylight.  Today the sun shone so bright across a sea of blue sky bringing with it a very nasty cold temperature.  Today I took a moment to welcome February...


As I was driving today, I actually stopped and got out of the warmth of the truck to get a closer look at February...


My hand was only out of my mitten for a few minutes yet when I got back to the truck my fingers were tingling.  It is for that reason that we rarely stop to welcome February in person.  We welcome it from warmth of the car, the office, or even better from next to the fireplace that is crackling with a REAL wood burning fire. 

I will embrace February because without it I wouldn't have this...

...the rosiest red cheeks to kiss.  Or this...


The most beautiful Big Girl eyes just peeking out.

February has arrived and we will stay warm.  We will heat our house with the excitement radiating from our Big Girl as she spins with enthusiasm over the the party supplies that we have created to celebrate her big day.  Ahh...February.  You have definitely arrived.

No comments: