Monday, January 24, 2011

Pitter Patter

I love my girls.

From the deepest part of my soul...from a part of my soul that I never knew existed.

A little piece of soul tucked way at the back that sits quietly in waiting...only to show its existence when one is blessed with the title "mom".  And once that little treasure chest is opened, it is all consuming.

And so...A glorious Monday.

From our first step out the door this morning, with the January air wrapped around us, a smile of delight as it is the first break from the unbearable temperatures we've been having and then a sigh of relief realizing that the juggling act of book bags and car keys and babies in snowsuits will be a little easier today without the windchill.



To the moment my soul babies are tucked into their snug little beds...I then tuck myself in with my own blankie on the couch. 

It is time to relax. 
Time to reflect on the day. 
And then it happens...

The pitter patter of tiny, little, I'm almost four years old, feet. Then comes the peek.  And here it comes...the proposition.  I anticipate it.  I know it is coming because I have been here before.
"Mom.  Can I snuggle you?  Just a little minute?"
I lift my blankie and feel her warm, bony little body wiggle onto my lap. She fits perfectly. Like the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle put into place.

And she sits.
Quietly.
Beaming because in her beautiful little mind she has won...won the privilege to stay up just a little longer.

But we know who the real winner is.

No comments: